Saturday, March 13, 2010

My First Omelette

My first homework assignment was to make an omelette for someone I love. My first omelette turned out perfect! Perfectly yellow, no burning. Perfect on the inside & out, not runny at all. It folded easily & slipped right out the pan into a perefct fold. I made it w/ finely chopped onion, cheddar & jack cheeses, chives, sea salt & white pepper. This omelette turned out better than the one I made in class. And it seemed easier as well. My husband loved it! He said it had a unique taste, that normally you taste the salt & pepper, but this just tasted good.
My second omelette, mine, didn't turn out as perfect, but almost. Again no burning, good color, folded easy & slipped out into another perfect fold. But it was a little runny, probably because I was in a hurry to get mine done & eat w/ my husband before his got cold.

1 comment:

  1. And before anyone comments on my frozen hashbrown, I haven't learned how to make them from scratch yet! Plus I love these!

    ReplyDelete